UPDATE 09/22/2012: Bootcamp Party Mode is ON! Click here to join.
UPDATE 09/15/2012: TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT! We will not be sending any more tickets. To all confirmed registrants, see you tomorrow!
UPDATE 09/15/2012: Regular tickets are now sold out! At this point, we will be sending tickets to registered Startup Weekend Manila attendees only. Please add yourself to the waitlist so we can manually send you a ticket. Once we send it out, you need to respond within 24 hours in order to secure your slot.
We're cooking something up (again) with Startup Weekend!
September 22, 2012
10am to 6pm (Doors open at 9am)
MINT College, Taguig (Map)
What Startup Weekend's Partnership with Google Means
By harnessing experts from local GDGs, Pre-Startup Weekend bootcamps will focus on teaching people about Google technologies like Android, AppEngine, HTML5, and different Google APIs that can help them work faster and be more productive during their Startup Weekend project.
During a Startup Weekend there isn't a lot of time for attendees to learn and implement new technologies. By leveraging experienced and knowledgeable members to teach Startup Weekend attendees, we can teach developers new technologies, platforms, services, or APIs.
What can we expect from the Bootcamp?
During the bootcamp, we will be covering everything you will need to survive the Weekend. Talking points include:
- Intro: What happens in SWM? What's the agenda? Is there a schedule we should follow?
- Pitching: What's it like? Should I pitch? What should I have in my 60 second pitch? What should I include in the final Sunday pitch?
- Teamwork: How are teams formed? If my idea isn't picked, should I leave or join another team? Team culture starts on day one. Don't screw it up.
- Project Management: Thinking behind Lean Startup methodology, SCRUM boards and sticky notes
- Development Process: Design guidelines, Adopting a "good enough for the weekend" philosophy
- Google Technologies: Android, HTML5, AppEngine, Maps
9:00am - 10:00am / Registration
10:00am - 10:30am / GDG & Startup Weekend Intro
10:30am - 11:00am / Pitching 101
11:00am - 12:30pm / Business Canvas
12:30nn - 1:30pm / Lunch Break
1:30pm - 3:30pm / Android (Track 1); Django on AppEngine and HTML5 (Track 2)
3:30pm - 4:00pm / Snacks
4:00pm - 5:00pm / Practice Pitching
5:00pm - 5:30pm / Designing for Web & Mobile
5:30pm - 6:00pm / Closing
What do I need to prepare?
Please bring your laptops, usb/wifi internet sticks and extension cords. Also, depending on the technical session you wish to attend, we would recommend downloading all the necessary IDEs, packages, etc. from the developer sites:
- Android - http://developer.android.com
- Chrome - https://developers.google.com/chrome
- AppEngine - https://developers.google.com/appengine
Did we mention we're giving out schwags to those who come early AND prepared? ;)
Is this event free?
Yes, the bootcamp is free! However, should you wish to attend Startup Weekend on September 28-30, please head on over to the Startup Weekend Manila registration page.
How will GDG members benefit from this partnership?
Just like before, GDG members get 20% rebate on Startup Weekend tickets! Please send an email to email@example.com to request for instructions. Don't forget to include your name, location, and the last GDG/GTUG event you attended.
Rebates will be given during Startup Weekend Manila.
We'd like to thank everyone who made this bootcamp possible: Google, Startup Weekend, GlobeLabs, and MINT College!